Zoom….Zoom! You will see boats flying through whitewater at speeds over 100 mph on the Salmon River during the last leg of the 2012 World Jet Boat Marathon championship this coming weekend, April 20 and 21stin nearby Riggins, Idaho.
It’s is absolutely an event not to miss as the World Championships only come to America once every 4 years, and here it is in the Salmon River Canyon! 17 racers from around the world began the event last weekend on the St. Joe River in north Idaho, before going to the Snake River in the Lewis Clark Valley, then over to the Clearwater River in Orofino. Each day they thrill fans watching from the rivers’ edge with world class racing.
From a press release issued Monday evening April 16th by Kyla Sawyer, the media contact for the 2012 World Jet Boat Races, the current overall standings after day three are as follows:
1. Mark Cromie, The General, #354, Kamo, New Zealand, 2:49:35
2. Gord Humphrey, Unnatural Disaster, CDN-1, Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada, 2:51:07
3. Chad Burns, Bad Habit, #339, Peace River, Alberta, Canada, 2:56:00
4. Ryan Rogers, Pure Insanity, #285, Lewiston, Idaho, USA, 3:05:10
5. Randy Sundberg, Wild Injurn, #200, McKinnleyville, Calif., USA, 3:20:39
6. Dale Whiteside, Whitey, #399, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada, 3:22:34
7. Spencer King, Sunset Shaker, #388, Hay River, Northwest Territories, Canada, 3:24:51
8. Duane Carmont, Revelation, #321, Riggins, Idaho, USA, 3:31:15
9. Rick Hollingsworth, Little Smokey, #55, Valleyview, Alberta, Canada, 3:38:29
10. Tyson Allen, SS Adrenalin, #3, Peace River, Alberta, Canada, 3:54:20
11. Bill Schafer, Bud Light Baller, #343, Spokane Valley, Wash., USA, 4:12:33
12. Shay White, Predator, #51, Meridian, Idaho, USA, 4:30:01
13. Jake Barney, Never Satisfied, #212, Lewiston, Idaho, USA, 5:09:55
14. Terry O’Keefe, Riptear, #211, Monitor, Wash., USA, 5:15:32
15. Jeff Edwardson, Maniac, #269, Orofino, Idaho, USA, 5:55:53
16. Mike Rowe, The Row Boat, #166, Hay River, Northwest Territories, Canada, 6:01:43
17. Guy Anderson, Fluid Drive, #234, USA, 7:11:30
For a complete schedule, go to: facebook.com/2012usa.worldjetboatmarathon.
If you’re in the area to watch the races, we hope you’ll stop by Swiftwater RV Park in White Bird, Idaho and say ‘Hi!’ I’d like to give you a tour of our private Idaho RV Park and campground so when you come back to our beautiful area in north central Idaho, and the gateway to Hells Canyon National Recreation Area, you’ll know exactly which space on our riverfront property you want to reserve!
We accommodate big rigs to tent camping and motorcyclists. Our pet-friendly Park is only 17 miles from Hells Canyon, and the immediate area offers outstanding outdoor recreation from fly fishing, bank fishing and boating for bass, trout, salmon and steelhead. ATV-riding adventures are a fun way to spend the day and then relax the next day in your lawn chair on our lawn with the BBQ close by.
Enjoy the 2012 races, and welcome to Idaho!